"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Wishes from the First Lady of Texas, Anita Perry

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Warm Christmas Wishes

During the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holidays, I try to make time for reflection a priority. It helps keep my sanity during this exciting, frenetic time of year.

As I reflect on 2011, I think of my family’s many blessings. What a joy and blessing for Rick and me to each have both of our parents. They’ve guided us, unconditionally loved us and instilled in us values and morals that made us who we are today. I am so very thankful we are still able to share our lives with them. We are grateful for all of our family . . . our children, our siblings, extended family and even the furry, four-legged Perry family members. They provide us with lots of laughs!

What a blessing to live in a free society and country. We owe a debt of gratitude to all who wear the uniform to protect our liberties. My prayers are with the soldiers and their families always, but especially during the holidays when their families and friends feel their absence even more.

I hope you and yours feel the spirit of Christmas and enjoy Christ’s blessings now and throughout the year.

The Perry Family wishes you the merriest Christmas and a peace-filled, successful 2012.

No comments: