"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Friday, February 12, 2010

Jay dumps on “president I’ve been waiting for all my life.”

Looking bad for Obama when Sen Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) is beginning not to believe him -- Rockefeller was over the top when supporting Obama earlier but looks like he is waking up. Simply amazing to watch these Democrats implode on Obama.

Jay dumps on “president I’ve been waiting for all my life.”

Democratic Senator Jay Rockefeller — West Virginia’s other senator — got a little excited about Barack Obama in October 2008, when he told Jake Stump of the Charleston Daily Mail: “He’s the president I’ve been waiting for all my life.”

Well, after today, it looks like Rockefeller has begun waiting again.

The Won is no longer The One to our septuagenarian senator.

Via Fox News, Rockefeller said: “He says ‘I’m for clean coal,’ and then he says it in his speeches, but he doesn’t say it in here. And he doesn’t say it in the minds of my own people. And he’s beginning to not be believable to me.”

I knew Rockefeller eventually would break with Obama. I thought it would be over health care, as it was with President Clinton.

Coal? That surprises me.

By the way, that full quote from 2008 was a tad over the top: “Laurence Tribe, one of the most brilliant lawyers in America, has said that Barack is the most incandescently brilliant student he ever taught. I think brains count. When you combine it with the kind of international background that he’s had, what’s he’s been through as a black person. It has not made him angry, but he’s rather hopeful by it. He’s an extremely positive person about the future of America. He’s the president I’ve been waiting for all my life.”

Source: http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/9259

No comments: