"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today all across America Father's Day is being celebrated.  If you haven't done so, please pick up the telephone and call your Dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day and thank him for all his has done for you.

As the years have passed since my Dad's death, I learn more and more how much he taught me to be self sufficient around the house and always have a garden because vegetables just taste better when you grow them yourself and are certainly much fresher.  Just replaced all the plugs in my kitchen because the ivory looked terrible with the tiles.  Without watching Dad over the years, I wouldn't have had the nerve to change out the plugs.  He gave me the confidence to take on jobs around the house and as my family has found out over the years, they never know what is going to happen.  I took out a kitchen island one day that didn't work well and as I was doing it I was thinking Dad is probably laughing.

Still miss him to this day but I remember how much I learned from him and where my conservative values came from -- he was a Barry Goldwater supporter and actually put bumper strips on his car which I had never seen him do.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads!

No comments: