"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Sunday, November 4, 2012

Center Right Republican Supports Obama for Re-election

In 2008, I bought into the GOP/Conservative pundits koolaid about Obama which as I have learned over the past four years was mostly lies and spin.  I held my nose and supported John McCain in 2008 even though I didn't think had the temperament to be President but I believed what I was told about Obama not being American, being hard left, apologizing for America -- the whole nine yards.  Then I began to slowly see the truth as I did the research for articles on here.  

When reading sources that ObamaCare was based on Healthcare Reform of the Republicans in the 90's and RomneyCare, I started to get a glimmer the GOP was not telling the whole truth.  The more I read and researched, I slowly  began to realize that I might be wrong about Obama, but I refused to believe a Party I had belonged to my whole whole adult life could be lying to the Country.  My defining moment was when the GOP overwhelmingly took the House in 2010 and made the Senate numbers closer for the GOP.  Slowly I began to realize that Republicans in the House and Senate were the problems when it came to the recession we were in by doing everything they could to obstruct Obama on issues they normally would have supported.

The more research I did for this blog in the last two years, the more I saw a pattern that if Obama proposed anything, Republicans were against the plan but would spin and lie about what was happening.  Then the primary season started where I couldn't believe Romney was running again as he could not beat McCain in 2008.  What I didn't count on was his run had been in the works for sometime as Romney had the big donors lined up to support him.  The Citizens United ruling finally tipped me over the edge even faster when I realized this was a Mecca for Rove and big donors to try and buy this election for Romney.  

RNC Chair Priebus with his changing rules in the states and orchestrating obvious leaning Romney debates led to candidate after candidate not getting a fair shake as the bully Romney took over the debates.  Anyone with compassion for those less fortunate like Jon Huntsman and Rick Perry, think TX Dream Act, got tossed under the bus.  That left us with Gingrich, Santorum, Paul, and of course, Romney.  The nasty attack ads and verbal attacks by Romney left me totally disgusted with him, Rove, and the RNC.  His attacks were so over the top in the primary in FL with lies against Gingrich that I started to look at Obama and do the research.

Finding lie after lie that had come from Republicans about Obama started made me search even more for the truth.  The final nail for Romney and Republicans was when I discovered that a group of House and Senate members including my Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn had met on the night of the inauguration to plot how to make Obama a one-term President.  That did it for me so I started answering the call by donating $8 at a time, then $10 to support Obama in race against the most flawed candidate I can ever remember who has lied over and over again even after being fact checked.  Fact Check doesn't matter to Romney or the GOP in this election.  As we have witnessed with voter suppression and the outright lies, this group of hard right led by Romney will lie, cheat, and steal to win.  They have a good teacher in Karl Rove. 

In the first debate, Romney showed what an arrogant bully he was catching Obama off guard when he changed his stances completely.  In the second debate, Obama was ready for Romney and was willing to take him on and came out the winner especially when Romney lied about Libya.  Obama was masterful in that debate.  Then came the foreign policy debate where Romney went spineless and became me too, me too. When Obama corrected Romney, the hard right got up in arms that he was picking on poor Mitt.  That was laughable after the jerk Romney was in the first debate.

Most amazing thing is to see ads by Obama that look like they come from Republican ad makers who make some very professional ads versus the nasty ads from Romney which mirror the nastiest ads I have ever seen -- think LBJ.  This video from Obama shows the ordinary Americans who support him and why he needs four more years to finish the job of bringing America all the way back.  Without the GOP obstructionist, our economy would be much farther along and more people back to work like veterans where the House GOP stalled the veterans jobs bill.  This ad emboldens my belief of who Obama truly is -- someone who cares about America and its people deeply no matter who they are.  He represents the best of America and is a representative that the American dream is alive and well.

I fully support Obama for reelection on November 6th.  If the GOP continues to obstruct like they have especially the last two years, I will get out and work for Democrats to defeat the GOP at all levels in 2014.   Some of these State House GOP members already need defeated with their hard right agenda and voter suppression bills they passed.




No comments: