"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day in America!

Today I proudly cast my vote for Barack Obama/Joe Biden which is my first ever for a Democrat for President.  When I got my ballot after waiting 55 minutes in a precinct that has been split twice, I looked at the straight party voting and said to myself, I am personally filling in the block for Obama/Biden.  I also voted for the Democrat for Congress and found out it is a she because I wasn't sure from the signs.  As I walked out I was laughing with a retired doctor from OU Medical Center on her name Bebo was so close to Bevo, the University of Texas Longhorn mascot, that it made me do a double take because I wouldn't vote for Bevo no matter who it was.  Used to be the GOP Precinct Chair of my precinct and know it is mostly Democrat here in Norman.  The lines at the other precinct here that votes at the same place was four times as long and has not been split out -- also mostly Dem.  All the signs leading to the polling place were Democrats.  No GOP presence outside where we vote.  That should mean our conscientious objector GOP State Rep is going down.  YEA!!!

Here is a post I did this morning about how whiney Romney has become:
Made this comment to a Tomasky post on The Daily Beast about Romney being whiney:

I am white and I just proudly voted for Obama/Biden for President.  This longtime Republican only voted for one GOP on the ticket -- my State Senator.  Proud member of Republicans for Obama since the GOP went hard right.  Their war on woman sent me over the edge.  Romney is whiney and thinned skin just like TX Coach Mack Brown who is whining about everyone doing 'horn's down" who plays TX.  Obama will not win OK with all the racist GOP in parts of the state but I was very happy to cast my vote for four more years of President Obama.  Also voted for the Dem for Congress -- need to cut the lead of GOP obstructionists and in 2014 knock them out.  Don't like Tea Party or Hard Right who always have excuses when they lose just like UT's Mack Brown who has almost the same haircut as Romney!  Boomer Sooner!
UT Football Coach Mack Brown wants the Big 12 to ban the 'hook em horns' down side that all the fans and some players use against UT.  Texas even changes their fight song when they play the Sooners so all he did was make the rest of us laugh at him for being thin skinned and whiney just like Romney.  What is with this whiney older white guys?  Is it catching?

If you haven't voted, be prepared to stand in line -- take a drink and some snacks would be my suggestion.  Voting should not be hard and no state should be actively suppressing voters like Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania have been doing.  Even in Oklahoma the early voting is only three days and lines are huge.  It seems the Republican Party prefers to suppress votes for a better chance of winning this time.  

It is despicable and disgusting to hear the leader of the PA House, Mike Turzai speaks on June 23, 2012, that a voter ID bill that they passed was going to lead to a Romney victory.  That is not America but then Beck just said that if Obama is elected, America needs destroyed.  What kind of rhetoric is that?  Sounds to me like he needs investigation for supporting armed conflict but then that is what I also heard on So CO radio that they might have to take to the streets if Obama is reelected.  

Yet some Republicans are wondering why so many of the GOP are voting for Obama?  Those of us center right to moderate have no desire to be around today's hard right in the GOP who have created a war on women, minorities, military, senior citizens, teachers, fire, police, and civil service following the lead of Mitt Romney.  I don't want to go back to the 50's but move forward so I voted for Obama!

Please exercise your right to vote no matter who vote for as every American should have their votes counted without fear of intimidation.  If you have to stand in line for hours to vote, I tip my hat to you.  We all need to join in future elections to make sure that rules to vote are the same across this great Country so some out of control Secretary of State in places like Ohio and Colorado don't get to determine who votes and who does not.

The power of the ballot box is powerful and maybe it will open some eyes in this election that voters will not be bullied and harassed.

God Bless the United States of America and may she stand for many more years.


No comments: