"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Thursday, March 1, 2012

Run Jeb Run!

The headline says exactly what you are hearing and seeing out of disgruntled Republicans from all across the political spectrum.  Never thought I would be seeing that this year.  I am with Jeb in his comments about this primary.  I thought I was conservative but at times I have had to wonder about some of the statements that come out of candidate's mouths as they pander for votes.  I have seen attacks on other candidates of our party before but not with the venom I have seen this time starting last summer.

The people on the moderate to left of the Republican Party thought they had their candidate with Romney who was pushed by Bush 41 but have discovered he is far from their ideal candidate and now some are having a lot of second thoughts.  His win at any cost 'scorched earth' has upset a lot of Republicans plus his pretending to be conservative is a bad joke as he comes across as a Grade B actor.

Believe that Santorum is a really nice person but he has a problem with foot in mouth disease that would be exploited in the general election along with his social views.  He is ethical which is a big plus but not going to excite a huge range of voters.

Newt has a problem with playing nice with Pelosi and Hillary Clinton in the private sector as well as the Democrats would have a field day with him and his record which is all over the place.  Believe he is a conservative deep down but is also an opportunist and not someone who makes you want to do anything to go vote if you are not a supporter.

Ron Paul is well funny in some debates.  Other than that, he doesn't stand a chance with his quirky thinking.

Wish I could say this is my opinion only but unfortunately, that is not the case.  A lot of Republican conservatives I know share those same beliefs and some are even stronger, much stronger then what I have posted.

Jeb is not going to run and who could blame him.  With the debacle that has been this primary not sure anyone would want to step forward and try to win with a bunch of alienated Republicans who are mad at the establishment for pushing Romney on conservatives.  What a mess!

One answer is to work very hard to Take the Senate and Keep the House.  If we can energize Republicans/Independents to vote for Republicans for Congress, we stand a chance to take Congress.  If we want an even better chance, Mitch McConnell, Minority Leader of the Senate, and John Boehner, Speaker of the House need to step forward and say they are not going to run for leadership in 2012 -- you would see voters coming out to elect people to elect new leadership.

Jeb has my vote even though I would bet that he is not running.  In fact, I don't think there is any way he runs from a brokered convention.  Would you?  I know I wouldn't.

No comments: