"A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men
from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
(Thomas Jefferson)


Friday, October 22, 2010

‘Call Me Madam’: Let This Video Be My Apology for Once Supporting Sen. Boxer

This election has it all, but this may top it for any video or article we have read.  This is the last thing I expected to find when logging on this morning -- a Hollywood producer apologizing for supporting Sen Boxer in the past elections.  We first saw the video at The Washington Examiner and then followed the link to get the full story which we have posted here.  Amazing, shocking, unfathonable all are words that come to mind. 

Boxer in her arrogance forgot a very important word -- RESPECT!  You earn the respect of people not demand it as she did to the General.  Boxer is not someone we would want to respresent us in the Senate -- we have to believe the people of California feel like David Zucker with his apology for supporting her:

‘Call Me Madam’: Let This Video Be My Apology for Once Supporting Sen. Boxer

by David Zucker

I’d like to thank Right Change (who sponsored and are planning an ad campaign to support the spot) and all the wonderful actors and crew who volunteered for the “Call Me Madam” video.

I was motivated to do something on this after I saw the video of Barbara Boxer interrogating the General.



 
Call Me Madam Joe from RightChange on Vimeo.

—–
I remember immediately feeling embarrassed that a member of Congress would treat an officer of the U.S. military like that. And doubly embarrassed that back in the early 90’s I had contributed to Barbara Boxer’s campaign. I was so outraged at the pure arrogance of that moment, that I sat down to write the spot, highlighting the pure absurdity of our California Senator dressing down a General for calling her “Ma’am.” No Naked Gun or Scary Movie ever had an opportunity as good as that one for pure ridicule. Never mind that the military are instructed to call their superiors including members of congress ‘Sir’ or ‘Ma’am’, including specifically, Members of Congress!

I thought an apology would have been appropriate, but to my knowledge, none has ever been made by Senator Boxer. This I find distressing, since apologies from public figures nowadays are the norm. I mean, it’s not as if she texted her junk to Brett Favre. This was just arrogantly insulting an army officer. But I guess that’s okay with her.

In the debate with Carly Fiorina, the subject was brought up, but Boxer was quite adept at deflecting it — and still without an apology. Let this video be my apology. Every time I see the public record listing my campaign contribution to Boxer — I wince. I mean, we all have things we’ve done in the past that we’re embarrassed about, but I’d rather have my being restricted to 100 yards away from elementary schools be public knowledge than that $5,000 Boxer campaign contribution.

Source: Big Hollywood, Breitbart.com

No comments: